Sunday, November 17, 2013

Bling Bling!! Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel (Sheer Illuminating Fluid) in Sunkissed Review

Lately there have not been many makeup products that have been wowing me or have made me excited.
However due to me always watching reviews, makeup collections, and reading blogs I always find out about products I have no idea are right under my nose.
Illuminating, highlighting, or bronzing products are my weakness and I feel like I can never have enough (strange addictions maybe?)
When I first heard of Chanel's sheer illuminating product I just couldn't find that much information on it pertaining to how it looked on darker skin tones. However I searched and searched and dug a little information up and went to my local Chanel counter (The Bay) and tried it and fell in LOVE.
I will provide some information about this illuminator.


Some Information about Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel:
  • This illuminator is described as a sheer weightless liquid that brightens the skin
  • It contains light reflecting pigments that illuminate the skin and provide a natural sun-kissed glow
  • This illuminator contains botanicals that are suppose to moisturize and soften the skin
  • Chanel Soleil tan de Chanel is oil and fragrance free (so good for sensitive skin as well)
  • This illuminator can be purchased at any Chanel counter worldwide
  • Chanel soleil tan de Chanel retails for $51 CAD (purchased at The Bay)
  • Suits many different skin tones light, tan, and dark skin

My personal Thoughts on Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel:
  • This illuminator is truly sheer and weightless on the skin
  • Very little product is actually needed to achieve a glowy look (that appears natural)
  • The packaging is sleek and you just need to shake the bottle and place your finger on the opening and enough product comes out allowing you to tap it on your skin or mix it into your foundation
  • I love the fact that there is absolutely no glitter in the formulation, it just appears as liquid gold 
  • This illuminator makes the skin appear to have a natural glow exuding from the inside out
  • On my dark skin (NW 45 in MAC cosmetics for reference) I am able to see the highlight and it looks very natural
  • This product can be layered for more brighter highlights
  • The illuminator can be mixed in foundation to achieve a radiant look 
  • Also can be used as a base on cheekbones and powdered bronzer applied
  • Can be applied on the temples, bridge of nose, etc (without looking greasy)
  • I tend to apply the product with my fingers, or my Real Techniques contour brush, or buff it into the skin with a flat top kabuki brush
  • Shows up nice in photography (however don't use too much or you will look insane)
  • I wish the bottle came with a pump because I can see getting the last drops out of this product will be a headache
  • The frosted glass bottle also will make it difficult to see when it needs to be replaced in the future
  • Absolutely in love with this illuminator and would repurchase over and over again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog