Thursday, November 21, 2013

Honey I'm Home : Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Review

Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp 
When I first started my natural hair journey I became obsessed with finding products that would moisturize and help my hair grow!
I had big chopped my hair after being impatient and annoyed with two textures and was on a rampage to grow my hair as quickly as possible.
When I say obsessed I mean I would spend hours on YouTube, blogs, forums, etc getting ratings and peoples opinions on various products and watching video after video on hair regimen and routines and that is where I became familiar with Oyin handmade hair care line.
Oyin handmade is one of the standout hair product lines for me and I have dabbled with a couple of their products over the years.
Oyin honey hemp is by far one of the best leave in conditioners I have ever used, and due to me being a product junkie who always needs the "hit" of a new product in my arsenal I have strayed. However I am back and happy as before. I will go over some information on the product and my personal thoughts.
Sample of Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp 


About Honey Hemp:
  • Honey hemp is a multifunctional conditioner 
  • It can be used as a pre poo treatment,  in the shower as a conditioner, used as a leave in conditioner or applied as a deep treatment
  • Contains aloe vera gel, hemp oil, honey, silk proteins, coconut oil, hydrolized silk, and fragrance
  • This product is paraben free
  • Best to be used within 3-6 months after opening but can be used up to one year
  • Can be purchased in three sizes: 8.4 oz, 16.9 oz, and 33 oz (with a pump)
  • I purchased the 8oz bottle for 20 CAD at Honey Fig (Toronto)
  • Can be purchased directly on Oyin handmade's website or in other natural hair stores
Wash and go with Honey Hemp as the Leave in Conditioner 
My Personal thoughts on Honey Hemp

  • I personally use honey hemp as a leave in conditioner and love the softness, sheen, and smell it leaves in my hair
  • I have used it as a wash out conditioner in the past and it really aids with detangling
  • To use Honey hemp as a pre poo or deep conditioner you can add olive oil,  coconut oil, castor oil etc
  • The ingredient list is incredible and really makes my hair feel very soft 
  • I have used this product up to a year with no problems, it just needs to be kept in a cool place such as a cupboard or closet
  • I have personally seen some of my best results in terms of moisture and growth with this conditioner
  • This leave in conditioner mixes well with a lot of different products I have tried in the past
  • The honey acts as a natural humectant in the hair so is perfect for the spring and summer months, however I still use it in the winter without any issues (humectants used in low humidity (cold dry winter air) can sometimes cause moisture to be removed from the cortex of the hair shaft creating really dry hair) however I have never had an issue with this product
  • Defines my curls very lovely and leaves a nice sheen in the hair 
  • I love the smell of the product is has a nice fruity light scent and it lingers in the hair for days
  • The packaging is decent because it come in a squeeze bottle that allows you to disperse the right amount of product 
  • It is a bit on the pricey side but works so well (is worth every penny to me)
  • I am fortunate to be able to pick it up/or order directly from Honey Fig in Canada 
First at home Blow out 

Overall I really love this product and glad I have returned to it after my hiatus! So far I have been applying it to my hair after washing as my leave in conditioner strictly and adding some more to my dry tresses every few days as needed. 
If you are looking for a vegan hair product line this is a great brand to try out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog