Saturday, March 30, 2013

Perfection in a Bottle: Concealer

Left to Right: Mac-Pro Longwear concealer, Mac Pro conceal and Correct Palette,Josie Maran Argan Blend Concealer, L.A. Girl Pro concealer
Perfection in a bottle is what I would like to call concealer. The nights when you partied a little too hard, had insomnia and barley slept, or plain old genetics (think dark circles, bags) and your face just looks exhausted. Dark bags and discolouration under the eye can age the face 5-6 years older then we are just because we didn't get all of our zz's. We have all had those moments we go into the mirror and look at ourselves thinking wow I look like I didn't sleep period. Ladies those moments are the time I go to my trusty friend: concealer. I never ever had to use concealer in all my years, but as the years fly by and age is starting to get the best of my skin I hate to even leave to anywhere special without a little bit on. Concealer can really help many situations. It is not strictly to conceal the under eye area, but many use it to conceal hair under the brow, highlight the brow, highlight parts of the face, contouring and concealing dark blemishes on the face. I have a stash of concealers as I built up my make up kit (for freelance makeup) and my own personal collection to use for varying looks and days. If you are starting up your personal makeup kit concealer is a must in your bag. I will tell you about a few of my favourites and how I tend to use them.


Top to Bottom: Mac Pro conceal and Correct Palette, Josie Maran Argan Blend Concealer, L.A. Girl Pro concealer, Mac-Pro Longwear concealer

  • Mac Pro Longwear concealer: This is my go to concealer to cover up any dark acne marks or blemishes I may have on my face. I get this color in my exact shade (NW45 for reference) and it covers up everything with a natural flawless look.This concealer is full to medium coverage. Literally a small pump of this concealer can cover your entire face so use it very carefully. I know some people who use this as a full coverage foundation this thing is amazing. The consistency is creamy and this thing does not budge, crease or move for up to 12 hrs in my experience. Mac has a large variety of shades to choose from. This can be purchased for $22 CAD at any Mac counter.
  • Josie Maran Argan Blend Concealer: Alright so if you have been keeping up with my blog I love argan oil and Ms Maran is a new brand I have been dabbling in. This concealer is now my favourite to put under my eyes to conceal dark circles. This concealer is medium to full coverage. The thing I love about this is that it has a peach color corrector that does magic. I sometimes only use the colour corrector and put my foundation right over it for a highlighted look. The concealer portion is beautiful and silky and blend-able on the skin and provides a natural look as well. There is also benefits of organic argan oil infused to provide nutrients to you skin, I'm in love. The shade I have is in "Chestnut" and it is a great match.This concealer can be purchased in Sephora for $36 CAD
  • Mac Pro Conceal and Correct Palette (dark NC45, NW45, NC50,NW55, Ochre, Pure Orange): This was a product I was debating back and forth about and then became very excited about purchasing. This I will admit is very useful in my kit because there are few colours I can use on clients of various skin tones. This concealer is creamy and easy to work with once it has been warmed up from the heat of your fingers. It works great under the eyes and doesn't crease if a setting powder is applied over it.It is also pretty good at concealing dark marks on the face. The color correctors are also very useful. The orange may seem scary but it cancels out any darkness on the skin better then any concealer will (color theory ladies) it is a very good value of $47.50 CAD but I would say it might be a better buy if you are using it professionally or really are a die hard concealer girl that likes the ability to mix. 
  • L.A. Girl HD Concealer: (Cool tan, Warm honey, Toffee) This is the ultimate of values in my books for concealers because it is $2.50 US. Your really can't beat that pricing ladies. It is medium to full coverage and has a brush applicator to apply the product onto the skin. The color range is huge, so you can definitely find your match easily. L.A girl applies very well and has a creamy consistency. The brush applicator doesn't do much aside from place the product under your eye so you will need a makeup brush to buff it into the skin for a natural look. This is one of those products you don't want to sleep on because of its performance as well as its pricing. I ordered this product of Cherryculture.com and it shipped to Canada quickly. They can be purchased in Toronto as well at some beauty supply stores and discount beauty stores as well. All in all a really good product hands down. 
Have you tried any of these concealers? Is there a concealer that you swear by that you would like to share? Any questions? Comment down below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog