Sunday, March 24, 2013

Liquid Gold: Josie Maran %100 Argan Oil

Now that age is creeping up on me at a rate much quicker then I could have ever dreamed, I find myself trying preserve my skin and my youth as much as I can. Now yes we know drinking water, eating right as well as family genetics is really the name of the game but I have taken it upon myself to read up on different organic routes I can take to enhance my skin. I am really big on haircare and from that have learned about some oils I probably would have never researched. Argan oil is on the top of the list! What is argan oil you ask? Well argan oil is a plant oil that comes from the kernels of an argan tree which is found in the North African country of Morocco. It is said to contain many anti aging and cosmetic benefits. Now that we have got around what it is and what it is suppose to do. Does it work? I say YES! I love it. I give praise for it really helping along with the maintenance of my hair. I apply it to my hair after I wash to help with reducing frizz in my hair and applying a nice shine. It is also very good when applied to the ends of the hair. You have to be careful to use very small amounts because too much will make your hair stiff and greasy, in truth a little goes a long way-- and I'm glad because it is pricey! In terms of using it for skin care it is now my go to moisturizer for my face. My face really is sensitive and does not like many products being applied and flares up with many products as of recent. I got a sample at Sephora and gave this a shot and when I say my skin is as smooth as a baby's bottom? I am not even lying, it really is close to liquid gold in my eyes and I'm glad I have found this little expensive precious item. Now I'm sure you are wondering if Sephora is the only store in town that has this? In truth no, Argan oil can be purchased at your local health food store but be prepared to drop some coin for it. I get the 100% organic version from Josie Maran but I won't lie I feel as though I am paying for Josie's name more so then anything. Next time I will consider going to the health food store and saving the extra money. If you want to give it a try I suggest going to Sephora and asking for a sample just to see if it will work for you. People don't forget samples are the biggest key to trying out a product. Do not be afraid to ask for a sample these stores can more then afford it! Argan oil can be used for to combat dry skin (Ashy skin lol), also is said to help with arthritis and joint pain, and you didn't hear it from me but it said to be a great aphrodisiac !!! (that part you must go research on your own folks)
Do you have any questions about Argan oil? Are you using any other oils that you really love and want to share? Have any questions? Comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog