Sunday, March 31, 2013

No Heat Styling: Tips and Tricks -Flexi Rods

   The health of my hair is something I have been working on for the last few years since I have gone natural (stopped chemically straightening my hair). When I had perms I used to use a curling iron and flat iron nearly every single day. I will be truthful I never noticed any issues with it because I used to cut my hair a lot and get trims so regularly that my ends where never and issue. What I will say is most people don't cut their hair a lot, most people will see damage, most people will get split ends, and growth will not be maintained. 
Flexi Rods
   Now because I wear my hair curly for the most part I really don't use styling tools ever anymore. In fact I purchased a expensive hair drier, I own a hooded drier, flat irons and curling irons that are collecting dust. 
   Now that the weather is mild and the humidity is at a all time low I am wearing my hair straight to avoid tangles and dreadlocks from forming (no joke) To maintain the work my hairdresser did in my $40 visit I had to get creative with the way I prep my hair. Low heat has in fact aided with my growth significantly. That is a huge part of a hair journey is limiting the heat you apply to the ends of your hair and changing some of your bad habits you have.
    I went to my beauty supply store and picked up flexi Rods. I was very anxious because I purchased some from Sally's before and they kept slipping out of my hair. I now realized that I was not putting them in my hair properly and that was the main issue. My second run with them and some youtube on the side was very successful and they are now a staple.            
   They leave such pretty, bouncy curls in my hair and are very low manipulation and of course absolutely no heat! They are also extremely cheap, I believe the pack I purchased was only $4.99 CAD. I see so many on eBay selling for about the same price in different sizes. I think the next time I go to the store I am going to get smaller ones for a drop curl effect. Every few days as I see my hair getting dull I apply my argan oil to my ends, apply the rods, put on my silk bonnet and call it a day. The next day I wake up like I just came from the hairdresser. 


Follow on Bloglovin Shop SallyBeauty.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog