Sunday, April 28, 2013

NYX Matte Lipstick Review

A few months back I purchased NYX matte lipsticks from Cherryculture.com and was so excited to get them in the mail and wear them. 
The funny part about my excitement is when I got them I actually swiped the lipstick on my hand and put them in my makeup bin and totally forgot about them. Yesterday I was going through my makeup stash before going out and glanced them sitting there untouched and decided to give them a go! 
I'm glad I dusted them off because they are pretty good for $5.00 USD and they are extremely pigmented. 
Now I won't lie and say I'm a die hard fan and that I'm going to run and repurchase because that likely will not happen. I am partial to this product but believe for the pricing I think they are worth a try and are good considering the price. 
I purchased 3 shades: Indie Flick, Shocking Pink, and Merlot.
Left to Right: Indie Flick, Shocking Pink, Merlot


Indie Flick: Is a bright coral red that looks more on the orange side. It is pretty opaque and pigmented and even though is a matte formula has a nice texture that is not drying. For me personally I don't think it suits me well and am going to attempt to tweak lip liners with it to make it work but so far I'm not thrilled with it. 

Shocking Pink: Is a blue toned bright pink. It is very opaque with one swipe and extremely pigmented as well. Is applies beautifully on the lips and even though matte feels very comfy and moisturizing  On the blogs is is compared to cult favourite Candy Yum Yum from Mac but I personally like it better then CYY because it wears comfortably and suits my skin tone a lot more without looking abrasive. To me the comparison isn't the best but it is a good substitute if you don't want to spend Mac money on this shade. This one is my favourite out of the 3 purchased.

Merlot: Is a plum red that is very opaque with one swipe and like its counterparts are very pigmented. I like this one as well because it applies smoothly on the lips and feels moisturizing even though it is a matte formula. It is perfect for the fall/winter because it has a very vamp look. I like it but feel this color can be purchased at any drug store so wouldn't be something I hunt for when I finish it. 

All in all if you are looking for an inexpensive lipstick that is loaded with color this is a good choice and worth checking out. For me personally I wasn't in awe of the product but believe it is a good bargain and worth taking a look at. I purchased mine online at Cherryculture for $5.00 each. They also can be purchased at Target and drug stores internationally. 


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog